AC Milan are set to confirm the arrival of Brahim Diaz next week from Real Madrid on a two-year loan deal, Goal reports.
Diaz joined Real from Manchester City in January 2019 for €17 million (£15 million) but has since struggled to break into Los Blancos’ starting XI.
The Spaniard enjoyed a successful loan spell with Milan during the 2020-21 campaign and the Rossoneri look set to secure the 21-year-old’s services until the end of the 2022-23 season.
The terms of the loan are expected to reach €3 million with Milan covering Diaz’s full salary during his stay at the San Siro
PQ view – Smart move benefiting all parties
Diaz racked up 39 appearances for Milan last season, registering seven goals across all competitions.
Manager Stefano Pioli frequently utilised the attacking midfielder’s services throughout his side’s Serie A and Europa League campaigns, and with Hakan Calhanoglu joining rivals Inter, Diaz has the perfect opportunity to cement his place in the heart of the Rossoneri team.
Diaz will have the added motivation of Champions League football to look forward to next season, posing as the perfect opportunity to underline his abilities to his parent club Real, and that his long-term future can remain at the Bernabeu.
For Madrid – who remain in a concerning financial position due to Covid-19 – they offload another player from their staggering wage bill, whilst ensuring Diaz enters the next two seasons with the chance to develop as a player playing regular first team football.
Diaz’s imminent arrival marks the latest move in an already highly active transfer window for Milan, with the club previously confirming the signings of Fikayo Tamori, Mike Maignan and Sandro Tonali.
Olivier Giroud also arrived at Milan’s La Madonnina this morning ahead of his medical, prior to agreeing a two-year deal from Chelsea.
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links
- Arsenal vs Tottenham could decide Champions League fate this midweek