AC Milan are set to confirm the arrival of Brahim Diaz next week from Real Madrid on a two-year loan deal, Goal reports.
Diaz joined Real from Manchester City in January 2019 for €17 million (£15 million) but has since struggled to break into Los Blancos’ starting XI.
The Spaniard enjoyed a successful loan spell with Milan during the 2020-21 campaign and the Rossoneri look set to secure the 21-year-old’s services until the end of the 2022-23 season.
The terms of the loan are expected to reach €3 million with Milan covering Diaz’s full salary during his stay at the San Siro
PQ view – Smart move benefiting all parties
Diaz racked up 39 appearances for Milan last season, registering seven goals across all competitions.
Manager Stefano Pioli frequently utilised the attacking midfielder’s services throughout his side’s Serie A and Europa League campaigns, and with Hakan Calhanoglu joining rivals Inter, Diaz has the perfect opportunity to cement his place in the heart of the Rossoneri team.
Diaz will have the added motivation of Champions League football to look forward to next season, posing as the perfect opportunity to underline his abilities to his parent club Real, and that his long-term future can remain at the Bernabeu.
For Madrid – who remain in a concerning financial position due to Covid-19 – they offload another player from their staggering wage bill, whilst ensuring Diaz enters the next two seasons with the chance to develop as a player playing regular first team football.
Diaz’s imminent arrival marks the latest move in an already highly active transfer window for Milan, with the club previously confirming the signings of Fikayo Tamori, Mike Maignan and Sandro Tonali.
Olivier Giroud also arrived at Milan’s La Madonnina this morning ahead of his medical, prior to agreeing a two-year deal from Chelsea.
- Arsenal contact Inter Milan regarding Lautaro Martinez’s availability
- Fans react as Arsenal prepare to open contract talks with Granit Xhaka after Roma move collapses
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen to honour former manager with statue for his ‘immense’ tenure at the club
- Christian Eriksen: Inter Milan midfielder set to undergo tests next week to see if playing career can resume after cardiac arrest
- Joe Hart on Celtic’s radar this summer
- Borussia Dortmund announce signing of Euro 2020 star Donyell Malen from PSV
- Chelsea transfer news latest: Blues begin talks with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde
- Premier League transfer news latest: Italy icon urges Andrea Belotti to make the right call with Arsenal and Tottenham lurking
- Tottenham’s sporting director Fabio Paratici targeting Juventus’ Aaron Ramsey
- Jurgen Klopp makes transfer decision on injury-prone Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain