Arsenal are set to lose the services of Alexandre Lacazette on a free transfer with the striker snubbing a contract extension, football.london reports.
The Frenchman was linked with a summer exit, but there were no formal offers on the table owing to his hefty wages of around £182,000-per-week.
With his contract expiring next summer, Lacazette has the chance to negotiate a pre-contract with a foreign side when the transfer window reopens.
The 30-year-old has made it clear that he won’t prolong his stay with the Gunners.
Lacazette has been with the London club since 2017, and he has been a solid performer with 73 goal contributions from 129 league games.
The Gunners were lining up a suitable replacement, but it was always anticipated that a new arrival would be dependent on Lacazette’s exit.
They are set to make a financial loss on the Frenchman, who cost £47 million, but on the bright side, they have a player who may give his best this term.
Lacazette will be eyeing one more big-money contract after leaving the Gunners, and a strong campaign with the club would boost his prospects.
It remains to be seen how Mikel Arteta deals with the situation. Lacazette has started the campaign as a regular off the bench for the Gunners.
The £25.2m-rated star may have to settle for a similar role after the international break as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is likely to lead the line.
Aubameyang is at his best up front. Emile Smith Rowe, Bukayo Saka and Nicolas Pepe are likely to share the workload in the wide attacking roles.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links
- Arsenal vs Tottenham could decide Champions League fate this midweek