A section of Arsenal fans have reacted on Twitter after midfielder Thomas Partey made his return to first-team training following an ankle injury.
The Ghana international had a mixed debut campaign with the Gunners last term. He missed valuable game time due to multiple injuries that hampered his form.
He appeared in fine shape during pre-season but unfortunately picked up an ankle problem in the penultimate friendly after a challenge from Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech.
The 28-year-old has returned to training alongside his teammates after a one-month absence, and some fans are delighted over the midfielder’s comeback.
Others are concerned over Partey being rushed back to action, considering he suffered a recurrence of a thigh injury during the first half of last season.
Gunners boss Mikel Arteta could have a fully fit squad for the restart, with Eddie Nketiah also returning to training after overcoming a knee injury suffered during pre-season.
The Spaniard is under immense pressure after three league defeats to start the campaign, and the club need to return to winning ways with a favourable schedule ahead.
They are set to host Norwich City on Saturday. Some fans are excited to watch Partey line up alongside Albert Sambi Lokonga, and it remains to be seen whether Arteta pairs them.
Partey is undoubtedly the most technically gifted midfielder in the club’s ranks, but he has struggled to express himself amid the untimely injuries hampering his confidence.
The Gunners need the €40 million-rated star to hit the highs from his Atletico Madrid days. There is a huge test coming up where he needs to stay unscathed to find peak form.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Tottenham Lining Up £18m Bid for Wolves Speed Demon Adama Traore – Would That Be a Good Move?
- Where could Romelu Lukaku go if he leaves Chelsea?
- The biggest snubs from the FIFPro World XI shortlist
- Sergio Aguero’s best career moments
- Champions League round of 16 draw: The previous meetings
- Europa League group stage recap – who progressed and who went out?
- Champions League group stage recap – who progressed and who went out?
- Barcelona – Where did it all go wrong?
- The decisive games in the Europa League group stage
- The decisive games in the Champions League group stage