Arsenal have reached a deal with Lyon to sign English striker Nikita Parris, according to Sky Sports.
The 27-year-old has been in impressive form in France since joining Lyon in 2019. She went on to score 13 Ligue 1 goals last season and scored 18 in the 2019/20 season.
After finishing third in the Women’s Super League last season, the Gunners will be aiming to go all the way and win the competition next season.
They finished the league with 48 points and 19 fewer than champions Chelsea. With a few modifications to their squad, they will feel that they can reduce the gap between them and the Blues and potentially win the league next season.
Parris will bring in a winning mentality to Boreham Wood. In her first season in France, she won a league cup and women’s Champions League.
Lyon did challenge for the Ligue 1 season but ended up losing out on the final day of the season to arch-nemesis Paris-Saint Germain. PSG also eliminated them from the Champions League last season.
The development means that Parris is returning to England after two years, as she previously left Manchester City in order to link up with Lyon in 2019.
In her time with City, Parris also proved to be a clinical finisher as she scored 33 league goals for the club from 59 games.
She will hope to better her City stats at the Emirates. She is now after all in the prime of her powers and is now at a phase of her career where she will be expected to produce her best football.
- Arsenal contact Inter Milan regarding Lautaro Martinez’s availability
- Fans react as Arsenal prepare to open contract talks with Granit Xhaka after Roma move collapses
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen to honour former manager with statue for his ‘immense’ tenure at the club
- Christian Eriksen: Inter Milan midfielder set to undergo tests next week to see if playing career can resume after cardiac arrest
- Joe Hart on Celtic’s radar this summer
- Borussia Dortmund announce signing of Euro 2020 star Donyell Malen from PSV
- Chelsea transfer news latest: Blues begin talks with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde
- Premier League transfer news latest: Italy icon urges Andrea Belotti to make the right call with Arsenal and Tottenham lurking
- Tottenham’s sporting director Fabio Paratici targeting Juventus’ Aaron Ramsey
- Jurgen Klopp makes transfer decision on injury-prone Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain