Inter Milan defender Ashley Young is closing in on a move to Aston Villa and his transfer could be completed in the next 24 hours.
According to the Telegraph journalist John Percy, the deal is moving quickly and Young will return to Villa Park on a free transfer.
The 39-cap England international was linked with a move to Burnley as well but it seems that he has chosen to join his former club instead.
The 35-year-old left Aston Villa for Manchester United back in 2011. He was one of the hottest attacking properties in the Premier League back then.
Young’s game has transformed since then and he will now return as a versatile full back.
It is no surprise that Dean Smith is looking to sign the Inter Milan defender on a free transfer especially after the departures of Ahmed Elmohamady and Neil Taylor.
Young will add experienced cover for both full-back positions and his winning experience and leadership could be vital additions to the Villa dressing room.
On a free transfer, there is virtually no risk involved and he could prove to be a major bargain the West Midlands club.
The former England international helped Inter Milan win the Scudetto last year and he will be hoping to aid Villa’s push for European qualification next season.
Aston Villa have been quite ambitious in the transfer market so far and they have already completed a club-record deal to sign Emiliano Buendia from Norwich City.
- Tottenham and Wolves open talks for Conor Coady
- Newcastle United ready to launch summer bid for Aaron Ramsey
- Arsenal contact Inter Milan regarding Lautaro Martinez’s availability
- Fans react as Arsenal prepare to open contract talks with Granit Xhaka after Roma move collapses
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen to honour former manager with statue for his ‘immense’ tenure at the club
- Christian Eriksen: Inter Milan midfielder set to undergo tests next week to see if playing career can resume after cardiac arrest
- Joe Hart on Celtic’s radar this summer
- Borussia Dortmund announce signing of Euro 2020 star Donyell Malen from PSV
- Chelsea transfer news latest: Blues begin talks with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde
- Premier League transfer news latest: Italy icon urges Andrea Belotti to make the right call with Arsenal and Tottenham lurking