Chelsea are reportedly ready to shatter the British transfer record as they look to prise Erling Braut Haaland away from Borussia Dortmund this summer.
The 2020/21 Champions League winners have prepared a monstrous £130million bid to beat stiff competition for the Norwegian’s services, Football Insider reports.
Following Timo Werner’s underwhelming first season at Stamford Bridge, Thomas Tuchel is keen to add a top-class striker to lead the line next term.
The German arrived from RB Leipzig last summer and finished this past season as Chelsea’s joint-top scorer despite wasting countless clear-cut opportunities.
Werner’s lack of finishing accompanied by Tammy Abraham’s expected departure has created an urge for a new marksman in west London.
The Blues are at the front of the queue to sign Haaland, given they have an exciting long-term project and can afford the 21-year-old’s huge outlay.
Tuchel has shored up Chelsea’s defensive woes since replacing Frank Lampard in January, but his side’s lucklustre finishing requires an improvement.
Though Haaland ticks all the boxes, the Premier League giants need to overcome Dortmund’s unrelenting stance on their standout performer.
After finally sanctioning Jadon Sancho’s long-awaited move to Manchester United, the Germans are keen to keep another jewel in the Bundesliga for at least one more season.
Dortmund are adamant the Norway international won’t leave the Signal Iduna Park unless their stratospheric £150m valuation is met.
Chelsea bigwig Roman Abramovich wants to land Haaland, and he is ready to make an abnormal financial sacrifice to get the deal over the line.
However, the Russian businessman is reluctant to go beyond £130m as he looks to add at least one more high-profile signing this summer.
The Londoners are still in the race for West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice, who impressed at Euro 2020 with England.
Tuchel needs to inject fresh blood into his midfield department, and Abramovich has earmarked the Chelsea graduate as a perfect signing.
However, the west London outfit will have to allocate around £80m to bring West Ham to the negotiating table.
- Premier League officials to pause games to allow Muslim players to break fast during Ramadan
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links