Chelsea have slapped a €30million price tag on Kourt Zouma’s head amid growing interest from Tottenham, Everton and Roma.
RMC journalist Loic Tanzi insists the Blues are open to letting their out-of-favour centre-back leave Stamford Bridge in the summer but only on a permanent deal.
Zouma has been relegated to a bit-part role in west London over the past few seasons, making sporadic appearances, mainly in the absence of other defensive options.
Despite making 22 Premier League starts last season, most of the 26-year-old’s game time depended on the fitness status of the likes of Thiago Silva, Antonio Rudiger, Cesar Azpilicueta and Andreas Christensen.
Indeed, Thomas Tuchel overlooked the Frenchman for every high-profile Champions League fixture in 2020/21 and is ready to let him go in the summer.
Zouma has a host of admirers across Europe despite his limited impact at Chelsea as Tottenham and Everton look to go head-to-head for the ex-Saint-Etienne defender.
The Blues are unlikely to let their misfit move across the city, but a potential switch to Goodison Park remains on the cards.
Zouma had an impressive season-long spell at Everton in 2018/19, and the Toffees are interested in bringing him back to Liverpool.
Roma might look like a darkhorse in this transfer race, but Jose Mourinho’s arrival at the helm could boost the Italians’ hopes of clinching the deal.
The Portuguese manager played a vital role in taking Zouma to west London in 2014 and is now enthusiastic about the prospect of a reunion in Rome.
Mourinho wants to reinforce several positions at the Stadio Olimpico, and the signing of a new centre-back is high on his list of priorities.
- Preview: North Macedonia vs England – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Study reveals the most accessible Premier League stadiums
- Five players most likely to win the 2023 Ballon d’Or
- Preview: Arsenal vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Five European pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Preview: Brentford vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League officials to pause games to allow Muslim players to break fast during Ramadan
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups