Chelsea have slapped a €30million price tag on Kourt Zouma’s head amid growing interest from Tottenham, Everton and Roma.
RMC journalist Loic Tanzi insists the Blues are open to letting their out-of-favour centre-back leave Stamford Bridge in the summer but only on a permanent deal.
Zouma has been relegated to a bit-part role in west London over the past few seasons, making sporadic appearances, mainly in the absence of other defensive options.
Despite making 22 Premier League starts last season, most of the 26-year-old’s game time depended on the fitness status of the likes of Thiago Silva, Antonio Rudiger, Cesar Azpilicueta and Andreas Christensen.
Indeed, Thomas Tuchel overlooked the Frenchman for every high-profile Champions League fixture in 2020/21 and is ready to let him go in the summer.
Zouma has a host of admirers across Europe despite his limited impact at Chelsea as Tottenham and Everton look to go head-to-head for the ex-Saint-Etienne defender.
The Blues are unlikely to let their misfit move across the city, but a potential switch to Goodison Park remains on the cards.
Zouma had an impressive season-long spell at Everton in 2018/19, and the Toffees are interested in bringing him back to Liverpool.
Roma might look like a darkhorse in this transfer race, but Jose Mourinho’s arrival at the helm could boost the Italians’ hopes of clinching the deal.
The Portuguese manager played a vital role in taking Zouma to west London in 2014 and is now enthusiastic about the prospect of a reunion in Rome.
Mourinho wants to reinforce several positions at the Stadio Olimpico, and the signing of a new centre-back is high on his list of priorities.
- Arsenal contact Inter Milan regarding Lautaro Martinez’s availability
- Fans react as Arsenal prepare to open contract talks with Granit Xhaka after Roma move collapses
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen to honour former manager with statue for his ‘immense’ tenure at the club
- Christian Eriksen: Inter Milan midfielder set to undergo tests next week to see if playing career can resume after cardiac arrest
- Joe Hart on Celtic’s radar this summer
- Borussia Dortmund announce signing of Euro 2020 star Donyell Malen from PSV
- Chelsea transfer news latest: Blues begin talks with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde
- Premier League transfer news latest: Italy icon urges Andrea Belotti to make the right call with Arsenal and Tottenham lurking
- Tottenham’s sporting director Fabio Paratici targeting Juventus’ Aaron Ramsey
- Jurgen Klopp makes transfer decision on injury-prone Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain