Juventus ace Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence about his future amid continuous speculations regarding his potential return to Real Madrid.
The 36-year-old took to social media to remove all doubts concerning his future at the Allianz Stadium, rubbishing speculations about the possibility of returning to La Liga.
“In view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position,” he wrote on Instagram.
“My story at Real Madrid has been written. It’s been recorded. In words and numbers, in trophies and titles, in records and in headlines.
“It’s in the Museum at the Bernabeu Stadium and it’s also in the minds of every fan of the club.
“I know that the true Real Madrid fans will continue to have me in their hearts, and I will have them in mine.
“As well as this most recent episode in Spain, there have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different Leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth.
“I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name.
“I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face. Everything else? Everything else is just talk.”
Ronaldo has entered the final year of his contract at Juventus.
After failing to land the Champions League title during his three-year spell in Turin, many believed the Portugal captain could be seeking a new destination.
Naturally, a return to the Santiago Bernabeu has emerged as a potential scenario, especially following Carlo Ancelotti’s re-appointment.
The pair enjoyed memorable two years in Madrid, notably winning the Champions League in 2013/14.
With a lack of eye-catching signings in the Spanish capital, some Los Merengues fans had hoped Florentino Perez could try to bring Ronaldo back home.
However, the all-time Real top scorer has now effectively played down such hopes as he looks to be bracing himself for another season in Serie A.
- Arsenal fans impressed with Takehiro Tomiyasu’s performance vs Burnley
- Jurgen Klopp delighted for Sadio Mane after landmark moment against Crystal Palace
- Mikel Arteta hails Gabriel Magalhaes’ display vs Burnley
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal have not made a contract offer to Alexandre Lacazette
- Liverpool vs Crystal Palace: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona eyeing January loan move for Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling
- Leeds United fans pleased with Rodrigo’s performance in Newcastle United draw
- How Chelsea could line up (3-4-2-1) vs Tottenham Hotspur