Borussia Dortmund will have a more relaxed deadline for interested parties to make a move for Jadon Sancho, according to Jan Aage Fjortoft.
The Englishman was linked with a high-profile move to Manchester United last summer, though the deal ended up not happening. Fjortoft has highlighted that this was because Dortmund felt that United “were not serious enough” to offer a big fee for the highly-rated player.
The pandemic has taken a major financial toll on Dortmund who also frustratingly finished the Bundesliga in third place. As a result, they may have to sell their key players such as Sancho and Erling Haaland should good offers arrive this summer.
Sancho has established himself as one of the most highly sought after young footballers in the world since moving to Dortmund from Manchester City in 2017. The 21-year-old has since gone on to make more than 100 Germany league appearances for his side, scoring 38 goals.
Should England progress into the latter stages of the Euros, his value will only increase.
United are believed to have had an offer of £67 million plus £8 million in add-ons rejected by Dortmund last week, according to Manchester Evening News. The report added that United have since made an improved offer, worth more than £75 million.
Sancho’s current contract with Dortmund is due to expire in the summer of 2023 and if they do not sell him this summer, they may be forced to sell him for a bargain price next summer or risk losing him for a bargain fee.
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links
- Arsenal vs Tottenham could decide Champions League fate this midweek