Borussia Dortmund will have a more relaxed deadline for interested parties to make a move for Jadon Sancho, according to Jan Aage Fjortoft.
The Englishman was linked with a high-profile move to Manchester United last summer, though the deal ended up not happening. Fjortoft has highlighted that this was because Dortmund felt that United “were not serious enough” to offer a big fee for the highly-rated player.
The pandemic has taken a major financial toll on Dortmund who also frustratingly finished the Bundesliga in third place. As a result, they may have to sell their key players such as Sancho and Erling Haaland should good offers arrive this summer.
Sancho has established himself as one of the most highly sought after young footballers in the world since moving to Dortmund from Manchester City in 2017. The 21-year-old has since gone on to make more than 100 Germany league appearances for his side, scoring 38 goals.
Should England progress into the latter stages of the Euros, his value will only increase.
United are believed to have had an offer of £67 million plus £8 million in add-ons rejected by Dortmund last week, according to Manchester Evening News. The report added that United have since made an improved offer, worth more than £75 million.
Sancho’s current contract with Dortmund is due to expire in the summer of 2023 and if they do not sell him this summer, they may be forced to sell him for a bargain price next summer or risk losing him for a bargain fee.
- Arsenal contact Inter Milan regarding Lautaro Martinez’s availability
- Fans react as Arsenal prepare to open contract talks with Granit Xhaka after Roma move collapses
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen to honour former manager with statue for his ‘immense’ tenure at the club
- Christian Eriksen: Inter Milan midfielder set to undergo tests next week to see if playing career can resume after cardiac arrest
- Joe Hart on Celtic’s radar this summer
- Borussia Dortmund announce signing of Euro 2020 star Donyell Malen from PSV
- Chelsea transfer news latest: Blues begin talks with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde
- Premier League transfer news latest: Italy icon urges Andrea Belotti to make the right call with Arsenal and Tottenham lurking
- Tottenham’s sporting director Fabio Paratici targeting Juventus’ Aaron Ramsey
- Jurgen Klopp makes transfer decision on injury-prone Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain