Leeds United and Everton are ready to go head-to-head for the signing of in-demand Sassuolo winger Jeremy Boga.
According to the Daily Mail, the Premier League duo, joined by Crystal Palace, have registered an interest in the former Chelsea outcast.
Boga left Stamford Bridge to team up with Sassuolo in summer 2018 for a reported fee of £3.5million and has since flourished at the Mapei Stadium.
The 24-year-old forward has established himself as an indispensable first-team player at the Neroverdi, tallying 18 goals in 90 appearances over the past three seasons.
Boga’s impressive showings for Sassuolo have invited a lot of intention towards his burgeoning talent, with Atalanta, Napoli and Rennes already seeing their bids knocked back by the Italian side.
The Partenopei’s £30m offer fell short on the Neroverdi’s deaf ears back last summer, while Atalanta’s £15.5m approach came nowhere near Sassuolo’s demands.
Although no Premier League side has yet made an official attempt to sign Boga, Everton and Leeds hold a strong appreciation for the Ivory Coast international.
The Toffees are on the cusp of acquiring the signature of Demarai Grey, with Andros Townsend expected to bolster Rafa Benitez’s attacking options on a free transfer.
However, the Spaniard faces the prospect of losing star duo James Rodriguez and Richarliso to the La Liga interest, which would require new additions.
Boga remains a viable solution, along with Burnley’s Dwight McNeil, as Benitez hopes to improve Everton’s bid to challenge higher up the Premier League table next term.
Leeds are also in contention for the winger’s signature despite completing Jack Harrison’s permanent signing from Manchester City.
Marcelo Bielsa is on the lookout for a new forward in light of growing speculations about Helder Costa’s summer exit.
- Arsenal contact Inter Milan regarding Lautaro Martinez’s availability
- Fans react as Arsenal prepare to open contract talks with Granit Xhaka after Roma move collapses
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen to honour former manager with statue for his ‘immense’ tenure at the club
- Christian Eriksen: Inter Milan midfielder set to undergo tests next week to see if playing career can resume after cardiac arrest
- Joe Hart on Celtic’s radar this summer
- Borussia Dortmund announce signing of Euro 2020 star Donyell Malen from PSV
- Chelsea transfer news latest: Blues begin talks with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde
- Premier League transfer news latest: Italy icon urges Andrea Belotti to make the right call with Arsenal and Tottenham lurking
- Tottenham’s sporting director Fabio Paratici targeting Juventus’ Aaron Ramsey
- Jurgen Klopp makes transfer decision on injury-prone Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain