Harry Kane has not made Nuno Espirito Santo’s Tottenham Hotspur squad to take on Portuguese outfit Pacos de Ferreira on Thursday.
Spurs’ Europa Conference League season gets underway this midweek as they head to Portugal to meet Ferreira in the first leg of their play-off tie.
However, according to the Daily Star, Kane has not travelled with the rest of the Tottenham squad after being overlooked by Espirito Santo for the second competitive match running.
The 28-year-old striker had an extended summer break following his exploits with England at the European Championships as the Three Lions finished runners-up to Italy.
After allegedly refusing to train with Spurs as part of his efforts to force his move to Manchester City earlier in August, the England captain returned to training this week.
Kane was not part of the Tottenham team that claimed a 1-0 home win over City in their Premier League curtain-raiser but was expected to join the travelling squad for Thursday’s match.
It looks as he is still not fit enough to feature for Spurs this season as Nuno has opted to leave him in London for a crunch European meeting with the Portuguese outfit.
Kane’s latest omission pours gasoline on the fire as talks about his desire to join Pep Guardiola’s side continue to make the headlines.
After not making the journey to Portugal, the marksman’s future in the English capital appears to be hanging in the balance, with City refusing to give up their pursuit of the Spurs talisman.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has so far been adamant Kane is not for sale, but the latest turn of events suggests there could still be something going on behind the smokescreen.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal have not made a contract offer to Alexandre Lacazette
- Liverpool vs Crystal Palace: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona eyeing January loan move for Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling
- Leeds United fans pleased with Rodrigo’s performance in Newcastle United draw
- How Chelsea could line up (3-4-2-1) vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Premier League: Predicted Liverpool line-up (4-3-3) vs Crystal Palace
- Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel hopeful over a new contract for Antonio Rudiger
- Burnley vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups