Manchester United entertain Newcastle United in Saturday’s Premier League encounter at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have made a bright start to the season with seven points from three outings.
The club are currently lying third in the standings, two points off league leaders Tottenham Hotspur.
They are now scheduled to host the Magpies. The match is expected to see the homecoming of Cristiano Ronaldo.
United have comfortably won the last three league meetings against the Tyneside outfit.
The Magpies have a difficult task of avoiding another loss with the potent scoring threat of Ronaldo up top for United.
David de Gea has come up with some key saves for the Red Devils this term.
Without his influence, United could have dropped three points against Southampton and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
He is expected to start tomorrow in goal ahead of Dean Henderson.
The backline should be identical to the 1-0 win over Wolves before the international break.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw are widely expected to make up the defence.
Victor Lindelof has not warranted being dropped after an impressive beginning to the campaign.
However, it was always expected that Varane would partner club captain Harry Maguire once he was fully fit.
Paul Pogba played on the left-wing in the opening two games, where he excelled with five assists.
He had to operate in a central midfield role at Wolves that limited his impact from an attacking point of view.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may stick with him in the same position this weekend, but he will have a new midfield partner.
Fred is serving a FIFA-imposed five-day suspension, and there are doubts whether Scott McTominay could start.
McTominay had groin surgery during the international break. Solskjaer has expressed doubts over his fitness.
Some United fans have been yearning to see Donny van de Beek get a Premier League break.
However, it won’t be a surprise if Nemanja Matic gets the nod over the Dutchman to partner Pogba.
Further forward, Jadon Sancho is fit for selection after overcoming a minor injury that ruled him out of England duty.
The club’s summer signing should slot on the left wing with Mason Greenwood on the opposite flank.
Greenwood has been in sublime form with three goals from as many games. He should be undroppable at present.
Bruno Fernandes is an automatic choice for United in the number 10 role
Ronaldo arrived early from international duty after being suspended for Portugal’s World Cup qualifier this week.
That saw him complete his mandatory five-day quarantine in advance, and he has already trained with the team.
The 36-year-old is expected to lead the line on his second United debut after a long gap of 12 years.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links
- Arsenal vs Tottenham could decide Champions League fate this midweek