Lazio are reportedly assessing the prospect of signing out-of-favour Chelsea forward Callum Hudson-Odoi this summer.
Hudson-Odoi’s £120,000-a-week contract runs out in three years, and Lazio’s financial situation means they cannot afford a transfer fee and the player’s wages.
After being close to joining Bayern Munich back in January 2018, Chelsea tied their prodigious forward down to a new long-term contract to fend off other suitors.
However, instead of being handed more playing time, Hudson-Odoi found himself low in the pecking order under both Frank Lampard and Thomas Tuchel.
He struggled to adapt to Tuchel’s 3-5-2 formation last season.
With Cesar Azpilicueta and Reece James in the mix, he barely had the chance to showcase his potential at right wing-back.
A move to Serie A may help Hudson-Odoi’s improve as he needs to perform regularly to develop his potential.
Maurizio Sarri, who gave the England international a chance to shine on the senior level during his time at Stamford Bridge, is now in charge at the Stadio Olimpico.
The Italian manager is now thinking of a potential reunion with the versatile star as he strives to improve Lazio’s chances in the Serie A top-four race next term.
Lazio have already recruited Felipe Anderson from the Premier League this summer, bringing the Brazilian back from West Ham United.
Sarri also reinforced the right-back spot by snapping up Elseid Hysaj from Napoli, meaning he would play Hudson-Odoi in his natural position if the deal goes through.
- Aston Villa fans delighted with Leon Bailey’s cameo display vs Evrton
- Liverpool fans react after Naby Keita’s stunning volley vs Crystal Palace
- Arsenal fans impressed with Takehiro Tomiyasu’s performance vs Burnley
- Jurgen Klopp delighted for Sadio Mane after landmark moment against Crystal Palace
- Mikel Arteta hails Gabriel Magalhaes’ display vs Burnley
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal have not made a contract offer to Alexandre Lacazette
- Liverpool vs Crystal Palace: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona eyeing January loan move for Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling