Leeds United are continuing to monitor the performances of Club Brugge attacker Noa Lang following a failed approach last summer, Football Insider reports.
The Whites were touted to land the 22-year-old during last summer’s transfer window, but they failed to strike a suitable agreement with Club Brugge for his services.
The club eventually signed long-term target Daniel James from Manchester United on deadline day, but it is reported that the scouts are still keeping tabs on Lang’s progress.
Lang spent last season on loan with the Belgian outfit, bagging 17 goals and 11 assists from 38 games.
The club exercised the option to buy him from Ajax for £6 million. They were prepared to sell him for around £25m.
Leeds refused to meet the reported price tag and instead spent the same fee on pursuing James from the Red Devils.
While Lang impressed at Brugge, it was highlighted that Leeds had concerns over his defensive capabilities.
Despite this, it appears that they are still monitoring him, and a future deal could still be on the cards.
The Dutchman can play anywhere across the attack, including the centre-forward role.
His versatility will have grabbed the attention of Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa.
Lang has made a flying start to the new season with four goals and as many assists from 10 games.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
Read: Leeds United open contract talks with midfielder Kalvin Phillips.
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Preview: Brentford vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League officials to pause games to allow Muslim players to break fast during Ramadan
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022