Liverpool are pressing ahead with contract negotiations for Mohamed Salah, Liverpool Echo reports.
The Reds had a quiet summer transfer window as they made just one high-profile signing in centre-back Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig.
The prime focus has been on renewing player contracts, and they have already made excellent progress with several key stars penning deals.
Alisson, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, Virgil van Dijk, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson have all signed new contracts this summer.
Salah appears the next in line for a renewal. It was recently claimed by The Mirror that the £90 million-rated star wants a hefty £500,000-per-week.
It is now reported that he has not asked for anything close to that figure. The Reds are prioritising renewing his contract expiring in June 2023.
The Reds did not spend in the transfer market, but they have made significant investment to keep the core of the squad together for the long term.
Salah and Van Dijk are definitely the most important players in the squad, and the club will be keen to finalise a new deal for the former as soon as possible.
Van Dijk was recently handed a long-term deal on club-record wages of around £220,000-per-week.
There is a high probability that record will be shattered with the contract extension for Salah. The former Chelsea man is currently on around £200,000-per-week.
The Merseyside giants are unlikely to break their wage structure for the forward, but it has been claimed that they are prepared to pay a hefty salary to keep him.
A figure of around £250,000 weekly could be proposed by the hierarchy, but Salah may eye closer to £300,000-per-week after bagging an impressive 31 goals last term.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Five players most likely to win the 2023 Ballon d’Or
- Preview: Arsenal vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Five European pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Preview: Brentford vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League officials to pause games to allow Muslim players to break fast during Ramadan
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup