Liverpool host Southampton in the Premier League later this week and the Reds will be hoping the boost their chances of top four qualification with a win at home.
Meanwhile, Southampton are 15th in the Premier League table having won just one of their last six League games and Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side will be under pressure to bounce back strongly.
The home side are coming into this game on the back of two consecutive draws against Leeds United and Newcastle United.
Jurgen Klopp’s side could have won both matches but they conceded late on and their hopes of Champions League qualification are in jeopardy now.
They are currently seven points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea and they will need a major slice of luck to finish in the top four this season.
Liverpool have an impressive home record against Southampton in recent seasons and they have managed to keep a clean sheet against the Saints in their last four meetings at Anfield.
Furthermore, they have scored at least three goals in their last three home matches against this weekend’s opposition.
The visitors have not won any of their last three League games but they will be looking to pull off an upset at Anfield this week.
Liverpool have been quite mediocre at home this season and the last time these two sides met, Southampton picked up a 1-0 win at St Mary’s.
The visitors have been abysmal on their travels in recent months and they will have to improve immensely in order to grind out a positive result at Anfield.
They will be without key players like Danny Ings and this will be a massive challenge for them.
Southampton have lost eight of their last nine away matches in the Premier League.
Out: Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Jordan Henderson.
Out: Oriol Romeu, William Smallbone, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Ings, Takumi Minamino
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Southampton: McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Salisu; Walcott, Diallo, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong; Redmond, Adams
- Tottenham Lining Up £18m Bid for Wolves Speed Demon Adama Traore – Would That Be a Good Move?
- Where could Romelu Lukaku go if he leaves Chelsea?
- The biggest snubs from the FIFPro World XI shortlist
- Sergio Aguero’s best career moments
- Champions League round of 16 draw: The previous meetings
- Europa League group stage recap – who progressed and who went out?
- Champions League group stage recap – who progressed and who went out?
- Barcelona – Where did it all go wrong?
- The decisive games in the Europa League group stage
- The decisive games in the Champions League group stage