Liverpool host Southampton in the Premier League later this week and the Reds will be hoping the boost their chances of top four qualification with a win at home.
Meanwhile, Southampton are 15th in the Premier League table having won just one of their last six League games and Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side will be under pressure to bounce back strongly.
The home side are coming into this game on the back of two consecutive draws against Leeds United and Newcastle United.
Jurgen Klopp’s side could have won both matches but they conceded late on and their hopes of Champions League qualification are in jeopardy now.
They are currently seven points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea and they will need a major slice of luck to finish in the top four this season.
Liverpool have an impressive home record against Southampton in recent seasons and they have managed to keep a clean sheet against the Saints in their last four meetings at Anfield.
Furthermore, they have scored at least three goals in their last three home matches against this weekend’s opposition.
The visitors have not won any of their last three League games but they will be looking to pull off an upset at Anfield this week.
Liverpool have been quite mediocre at home this season and the last time these two sides met, Southampton picked up a 1-0 win at St Mary’s.
The visitors have been abysmal on their travels in recent months and they will have to improve immensely in order to grind out a positive result at Anfield.
They will be without key players like Danny Ings and this will be a massive challenge for them.
Southampton have lost eight of their last nine away matches in the Premier League.
Out: Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Jordan Henderson.
Out: Oriol Romeu, William Smallbone, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Ings, Takumi Minamino
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Southampton: McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Salisu; Walcott, Diallo, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong; Redmond, Adams
- 2024 UEFA Champions League Predictions, Surprises, and Insights
- Top tips for planning a football training session
- Wolves in talks with Corinthians over late move for Yuri Alberto
- Premier League: Everton vs Manchester City preview, prediction & team news
- Preview: North Macedonia vs England – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Study reveals the most accessible Premier League stadiums
- Five players most likely to win the 2023 Ballon d’Or
- Preview: Arsenal vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Five European pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?