Liverpool host Southampton in the Premier League later this week and the Reds will be hoping the boost their chances of top four qualification with a win at home.
Meanwhile, Southampton are 15th in the Premier League table having won just one of their last six League games and Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side will be under pressure to bounce back strongly.
The home side are coming into this game on the back of two consecutive draws against Leeds United and Newcastle United.
Jurgen Klopp’s side could have won both matches but they conceded late on and their hopes of Champions League qualification are in jeopardy now.
They are currently seven points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea and they will need a major slice of luck to finish in the top four this season.
Liverpool have an impressive home record against Southampton in recent seasons and they have managed to keep a clean sheet against the Saints in their last four meetings at Anfield.
Furthermore, they have scored at least three goals in their last three home matches against this weekend’s opposition.
The visitors have not won any of their last three League games but they will be looking to pull off an upset at Anfield this week.
Liverpool have been quite mediocre at home this season and the last time these two sides met, Southampton picked up a 1-0 win at St Mary’s.
The visitors have been abysmal on their travels in recent months and they will have to improve immensely in order to grind out a positive result at Anfield.
They will be without key players like Danny Ings and this will be a massive challenge for them.
Southampton have lost eight of their last nine away matches in the Premier League.
Out: Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Jordan Henderson.
Out: Oriol Romeu, William Smallbone, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Ings, Takumi Minamino
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Southampton: McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Salisu; Walcott, Diallo, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong; Redmond, Adams
- Premier League officials to pause games to allow Muslim players to break fast during Ramadan
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links