Manchester City will reportedly dedicate the remainder of the summer transfer window to their efforts to land Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur.
Manchester Evening News reports that Pep Guardiola has drawn up a desperate plan to land his top target by the transfer window deadline, saying the Spaniard is ready to sacrifice almost any first-team player to raise funds.
The reigning Premier League holders have already smashed the British transfer record when acquiring Jack Grealish from Aston Villa for £100 million earlier in August.
However, the Cityzens will have to break that record again if they are to persuade Tottenham to sanction Kane’s move to the Etihad Stadium this summer.
Despite rubbishing accusations of being a ‘cheque book manager’ only recently, Guardiola is unwilling to halt his spending spree as he aims to capture the Spurs talisman at all costs.
There is a fortnight left before the completion of the transfer window, and City are still lagging way behind Tottenham’s demands for their headline performer.
Spurs supremo Daniel Levy is adamant the England captain will only leave north London if someone presents him with a £160m bid.
The gap between Levy’s demands and City’s most recent offer is massive, and Guardiola will have to find a way to bridge it in the next two weeks.
It looks like the Spaniard is so desperate to sign Kane that he is willing to offload almost any Man City player should a satisfying bid arrives at his desk.
Apart from Ederson, Grealish, Ruben Dias and Kevin De Bruyne, who seem to be untouchable, all other City players are reportedly up for sale to the highest bidder.
The clock is ticking as Guardiola prepares to unleash a last-ditch attempt to sign one of the most prolific scorers in modern Premier League history.
With the deadline day approaching rapidly, we won’t have to wait long to see if his efforts will come to fruition.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal have not made a contract offer to Alexandre Lacazette
- Liverpool vs Crystal Palace: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona eyeing January loan move for Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling
- Leeds United fans pleased with Rodrigo’s performance in Newcastle United draw
- How Chelsea could line up (3-4-2-1) vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Premier League: Predicted Liverpool line-up (4-3-3) vs Crystal Palace
- Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel hopeful over a new contract for Antonio Rudiger
- Burnley vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups