Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta provided an update on Thomas Partey and Alexandre Lacazette ahead of the club’s Premier League trip to Burnley on Saturday.
The north London club ended a three-match losing streak last weekend. They picked up their first points of the league campaign with a 1-0 win over Norwich City.
They will be aiming to build momentum with another victory at Turf Moor. Ahead of the encounter, Arteta was asked to provide a fitness update on Partey.
He told Arsenal.com: “He is there. He has been training in and out this week – his load had to be managed because it was the early stages of the injury, what he had.”
“He is pushing everyone like he always does, and he wants to be involved. We will make the decision at the weekend of what is best for him.”
Meanwhile, there has been speculation over Alexandre Lacazette’s future with his contract expiring at the end of the ongoing campaign.
The Frenchman has played just 54 minutes this season, but Arteta emphasised that the striker will be instrumental to the club’s success.
He added: “No, he’s fully involved. You give the reasons why he hasn’t played more minutes, and he will be back to the form that he can achieve.”
“I am sure that he will be instrumental in our success.”
Partey may not be rushed back to the starting XI. He looked lively coming off the bench against Norwich, playing a part in the winning goal.
Burnley are an opposition that are not shy of making strong challenges. Partey could be handed another cameo on Saturday afternoon.
The Ghanaian could start the Carabao Cup third-round tie against AFC Wimbledon in preparation for the north London derby on September 26.
Meanwhile, Lacazette finds himself out-of-favour for a starting role with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang finding form leading the line.
Lacazette has come good in big games in the past, and he has an impressive scoring record against rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
The 30-year-old is currently out of contention for a starting spot but could soon be involved with Aubameyang dropping out wide.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Premier League – October 24, 2021 – Preview & Predictions
- Tactical Analysis: Kieran Tierney’s absence against Aston Villa might have been a blessing in disguise for Arsenal
- Thomas Tuchel delivers fitness update on Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner following Malmo clash
- Who will be Newcastle United’s next manager?
- Tactical Analysis: How Phil Foden pulled the strings for Manchester City against Club Brugge as a false nine
- Data Analysis: Mohamed Salah is the best player in the English Premier League right now
- Steve Bruce’s milestone, Harry Kane’s return to form: 5 talking points from Tottenham’s win against Newcastle
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskajer replies to Sir Alex Ferguson’s comments on not starting Cristiano Ronaldo every game
- Juventus aiming to ship Aaron Ramsey back to Premier League