Son Heung-Min has penned a new long-term contract at Tottenham Hotspur following another impressive Premier League season.
On the other hand, Son has refused to hide his excitement for committing his future to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
“It was already a big honor to play here for six years,” he told the club’s website.
“The Club have shown me massive, massive respect, and obviously, I’m very happy to be here.
“It’s like home, especially with the fans, the players, the staff. There was no decision. It was easy. I’m so happy to be here and will be so glad to see the fans again soon.”
Son has been Tottenham’s standout performer alongside Harry Kane over the past few seasons, earning a reputation as one of the fiercest forwards in the Premier League in the process.
The quicksilver forward has established himself as an indispensable first-team member since his €30million arrival from Bayer Leverkusen in 2015.
During his six-year spell in London, the 29-year-old has racked up 107 goals and 64 assists in 280 appearances across all competitions.
Last season, Son amassed 17 goals and ten assists in 37 Premier League outings for Spurs, adding further three strikes and one assist in seven Europa League matches.
The Korean’s extension comes as a huge morale boost amid frustrating speculations surrounding Kane’s future in London.
The England captain is closely followed by Manchester City, who are desperate to sign a top-class striker to replace Sergio Aguero.
Tottenham are adamant their talisman won’t leave the club this summer, and Son’s extension could sway Kane into rejecting a high-profile move.
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links
- Arsenal vs Tottenham could decide Champions League fate this midweek