Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer blocked Donny van de Beek from sealing a potential loan move to Everton on deadline day, Dutch outlet AD reports.
The midfielder has been sparingly used since joining the club from Ajax last summer. He played just over 500 minutes in the Premier League last season.
His situation has not improved this term. The Netherlands international has been an unused substitute in the first three games of the new league campaign.
It is now reported that the Toffees were eyeing a temporary deal for the Dutchman, but Solskjaer made it clear that he would like to keep the midfielder.
Van de Beek was impressive for the Red Devils in pre-season, with one of his best performances coming against Everton in the 4-0 triumph at Old Trafford.
Despite this, he has been out of favour. Scott McTominay, Fred, Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic have all started ahead of him in the centre of the park.
His situation appears unlikely to improve anytime soon. Solskjaer recently opted to play Pogba in a deeper position when McTominay was on the sidelines.
The €30 million-rated star still has four years remaining on his contract, but he may grow impatient if his situation remains unchanged in the coming months.
It was unlikely that United would consider any deal for van de Beek with hours left before the deadline. The Toffees could revisit their interest in January.
There are still no assurances that van de Beek would be permitted to join, particularly if the Merseyside outfit find themselves in the mix for the top four.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Read: How Arsenal could line up with their summer signings.
- Premier League officials to pause games to allow Muslim players to break fast during Ramadan
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Inter Milan eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Emerson Royal
- Premier League stars at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links