Olivier Giroud is completing his medical with AC Milan ahead of singing a two-year deal with the Serie A club, Sky Sports reports.
The France striker arrived at Milan’s La Madonnina at approximately 7am this morning ahead of finalising his move from Chelsea.
Giroud, had signed a new one-year deal with the Blues last summer and the club opted to extend it by a further 12 months in June, however the 34-year-old now looks set to depart from the Premier League after a nine-year stay.
The transfer fee for the France striker is understood to be around €1 million with an extra €1 million in bonuses subject to a number of appearances and qualification for the Champions League.
AC Milan finished runners-up to bitter rivals Inter Milan last season in Serie A, securing a return to the Champions League after a seven-year absence.
Giroud – who lifted the Champions League with Chelsea in May – will provide crucial experience up top for the Rossoneri alongside regular forwards Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Rafael Leao.
The former Arsenal man scored six goals in eight Champions League appearances last season, playing a pivotal role in Chelsea securing their second medal in Europe’s elite competition.
Giroud registered 39 goals in 119 appearances during his time at Stamford Bridge, a credible record given the striker’s impact often coming from the bench.
The World Cup winner’s physical presence and eye for goal will allow him to quickly adapt to the style of play in Serie A, and with the chance to play more regular football, there is no doubt the veteran striker will be able to assert himself in Stefano Pioli’s starting XI.
- Arsenal vs Tottenham could decide Champions League fate this midweek
- Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham – The race for the Top 4
- Europa League Semi-Finals Preview: Westham v Frankurt, Leipzig v Rangers
- March 2022’s International Break Preview
- 3 Talking Points From Sunday’s Premier League Action
- Borussia Dortmund closing in on siging Red Bull Salzburg whizz-kid
- Tottenham lining up £18m bid for Wolves speed demon Adama Traore – Would that be a good move?
- Where could Romelu Lukaku go if he leaves Chelsea?
- The biggest snubs from the FIFPro World XI shortlist
- Sergio Aguero’s best career moments