Olivier Giroud is completing his medical with AC Milan ahead of singing a two-year deal with the Serie A club, Sky Sports reports.
The France striker arrived at Milan’s La Madonnina at approximately 7am this morning ahead of finalising his move from Chelsea.
Giroud, had signed a new one-year deal with the Blues last summer and the club opted to extend it by a further 12 months in June, however the 34-year-old now looks set to depart from the Premier League after a nine-year stay.
The transfer fee for the France striker is understood to be around €1 million with an extra €1 million in bonuses subject to a number of appearances and qualification for the Champions League.
AC Milan finished runners-up to bitter rivals Inter Milan last season in Serie A, securing a return to the Champions League after a seven-year absence.
Giroud – who lifted the Champions League with Chelsea in May – will provide crucial experience up top for the Rossoneri alongside regular forwards Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Rafael Leao.
The former Arsenal man scored six goals in eight Champions League appearances last season, playing a pivotal role in Chelsea securing their second medal in Europe’s elite competition.
Giroud registered 39 goals in 119 appearances during his time at Stamford Bridge, a credible record given the striker’s impact often coming from the bench.
The World Cup winner’s physical presence and eye for goal will allow him to quickly adapt to the style of play in Serie A, and with the chance to play more regular football, there is no doubt the veteran striker will be able to assert himself in Stefano Pioli’s starting XI.
- Preview: North Macedonia vs England – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Study reveals the most accessible Premier League stadiums
- Five players most likely to win the 2023 Ballon d’Or
- Preview: Arsenal vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Five European pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Preview: Brentford vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League officials to pause games to allow Muslim players to break fast during Ramadan
- Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups