Liverpool and Tottenham are among the teams that are interested in signing Sassuolo winger Domenico Berardi, according to Italian source Gazzetta.
The 26-year-old was impressive in the Serie A last season as he went on to score 17 goals from 30 appearances for Sassuolo who finished eighth in the Italian top-flight.
Berardi has also been impressive for the Italian national team over the past two years and is a key part of Roberto Mancini’s side which is currently competing at the European Championships.
A one-club man since starting his professional career in 2012, Berardi will be feeling that the time is right for him to join a club that can offer him an opportunity to play in the Champions League especially as he is now approaching the peak of his powers as a player.
It’s safe to say that it is now unlikely that he will actually stay with Sassuolo beyond this summer.
Liverpool will be looking to bolster their squad ahead of next season as they look to develop a squad that can help them to win a second Premier League title in three seasons.
They may also need to look to bring in a potential replacement for Mohamed Salah.
There is no doubt that Berardi is a player who can add a lot of value to the Reds first-team.
The only concern will be the fact that he has never previously played in England, having spent the entirety of his career in Italy.
If he arrives at Anfield, he will need time to adapt.
At Tottenham, Berardi would provide competition for places in the first team and could slot in at the right of a front three with Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. A move to the Premier League would be attractive on it’s own, but Tottenham’s uncertain managerial position will not help transfer proceedings.
- Best Champions League Matches To Watch Next Week
- From Cucurella to Wijnaldum – 5 Expected Transfers In August 2022
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp delivers injury update on Alisson & Diogo Jota
- Who will partner Frenkie de Jong in Man Utd’s midfield?
- Latest Premier League Transfer News: Lautaro Martinez delivers update on his future amid Tottenham links
- Arsenal vs Tottenham could decide Champions League fate this midweek
- Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham – The race for the Top 4
- Europa League Semi-Finals Preview: Westham v Frankurt, Leipzig v Rangers
- March 2022’s International Break Preview
- 3 Talking Points From Sunday’s Premier League Action