Tottenham Hotspur have registered an interest in Southampton striker Danny Ings as Nuno Espirito Santo seeks an attacking partner for Harry Kane.
As per The Telegraph, the Spurs have added the 28-year-old to their list of targets, with the player reportedly tempted to leave St Mary’s Stadium after three years.
Following an underwhelming three-year stint at Liverpool, Ings joined Southampton in 2018 initially on a season-long loan before turning his move into a permanent one the following summer.
He has since gone from strength to strength under Ralph Hassenhutl, resurrecting his career and becoming one of the most prolific forwards in the Premier League.
Ings’ blistering showings have prompted Southampton to offer him a new four-year deal earlier in the summer.
Though it would make him the club’s highest earner, the Englishman turned down the bid as he hopes to land a high-profile move in the ongoing transfer window.
With just one year left to run on Ings’ current contract, the Saints might have to cash in on him this summer to avoid the risk of losing him for free at the end of next season.
Tottenham could be the striker’s landing spot, with Daniel Levy looking to improve the squad following a disappointing seventh-place finish in 2020/21.
Ings is seen as a potential partner for Kane, who seems likely to stay in north London despite continuous speculations about his move to Manchester United or Manchester City.
The Spurs are adamant the England captain is not for sale, though the Cityzens remain hopeful of completing the marksman’s signing this summer.
Kane has been an always-present figure for Tottenham over the past half-decade and is considered indispensable for Espirito Santo’s set-up next season.
- Arsenal contact Inter Milan regarding Lautaro Martinez’s availability
- Fans react as Arsenal prepare to open contract talks with Granit Xhaka after Roma move collapses
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Aberdeen to honour former manager with statue for his ‘immense’ tenure at the club
- Christian Eriksen: Inter Milan midfielder set to undergo tests next week to see if playing career can resume after cardiac arrest
- Joe Hart on Celtic’s radar this summer
- Borussia Dortmund announce signing of Euro 2020 star Donyell Malen from PSV
- Chelsea transfer news latest: Blues begin talks with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde
- Premier League transfer news latest: Italy icon urges Andrea Belotti to make the right call with Arsenal and Tottenham lurking
- Tottenham’s sporting director Fabio Paratici targeting Juventus’ Aaron Ramsey
- Jurgen Klopp makes transfer decision on injury-prone Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain