The January transfer window has been relatively quiet with the list of Premier League transfers showing only a few major additions this month.
The clubs are wary of falling foul of the spending rules and want to avoid a similar fate as Everton, who have been charged again following their 10-point deduction.
Wolverhampton Wanderers haven’t made a major signing but are in desperate need of a centre-forward with Fabio Silva and Sasa Kalajdzic both leaving earlier this January.
The Midlands side reportedly considered a move for West Ham’s Danny Ings and Paris Saint-Germain’s Hugo Ekitike, while their bid to sign Armando Broja was turned down by Chelsea.
Gary O’Neil’s side have now turned their attention to Alberto who is contracted with Corinthians until 2027, per The Telegraph.
The forward joined the Brazilian outfit from Zenit St Petersburg in 2022, initially on loan which was later made permanent.
The 22-year-old has made over 90 senior appearances for his side, scoring 26 goals and contributing 11 assists. He mainly plays as a centre-forward but he can also be used as winger.
Wolves have had an impressive 2023-24 season under Gary O’Neil as they have registered 29 points from 21 games to reach 11th spot in the table.
But they need to add a striker ahead of the transfer deadline to continue the good results during the second-half of the campaign.
- 2024 UEFA Champions League Predictions, Surprises, and Insights
- Top tips for planning a football training session
- Wolves in talks with Corinthians over late move for Yuri Alberto
- Premier League: Everton vs Manchester City preview, prediction & team news
- Preview: North Macedonia vs England – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Study reveals the most accessible Premier League stadiums
- Five players most likely to win the 2023 Ballon d’Or
- Preview: Arsenal vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Five European pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?